Hey all! I'm back from a short vacation, so I'm hitting the ground running with a WIP and renders of the latest scene of my fantasy castle series. The scene was mocked up in MODO, and the statue was posed and then imported in from DAZ 3D, a fantastic free 3D program with some great character models you can use to set up in your scenes. I did a few test renders until I found the composition I liked. Hope you guys like it and the final image will follow soon.
Click on thumbnails to view the larger image.
Here is the second image, part of the castle series I've been working on. This is meant to be an excerpt showing a possible play space for the player, as well as including lighting, color and mood. I blocked in the big shapes in Modo and photobashing and paintover in Photoshop. I learned quite a bit especially the necessity for creating more detail in the 3D model to solve as much about perspective and proportion as possible as opposed to just getting the simplest shapes in 3D and the wracking your brain figuring it out in Photoshop. Live and learn and on to the next one.
Higher res: Artstation
Thank you for viewing! :)
Here's the new spot for my blog. I'll be posting sketches, tutorials, random thoughts and the like. Thanks for dropping by.